»

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Our Little Leesi-bug turns 2
Alyse's birthday is actually not until tomorrow but since it is on a Sunday and it being Father's Day we celebrated it today. We call Alyse Leesi-bug all the time so it was only appropriate that bug be our theme for this birthday. I just can't believe that she is two already. I know it is so cliche but man how time flies. Here are a few highlights of the fun party.



Our little leesi-bug cakes:)

And of course the birthday girl with here cake. She was not really into smiling today.

Blow out the Candles!!!

Dessert! Yummmmm!

She seems to like it:)

My sweet girl getting ready for water fun.

Here are the party animals:)

I am pretty sure Alyse was telling me to stop in this picture. She was getting sick of people telling her to smile and say cheese.

Enjoying a smaller bug:)
Isaac on the slip and slide. It looks like he might take out Emmy. The kids had so much fun outside. It is amazing how just a little bit of water can keep kids entertained forever.
Alyse's baby doll from Grandma & Grandpa Broderick.
Alyse got some new books from them to. A funny thing happened, after the party I asked Joe where all of the pictures of the other presents were. Apparently I was so busy video taping I forgot to take any pictures of it. Awesome!


20 comments:

Brooke said...

That is the CUTEST cake I have EVER seen! Seriously! Ellee's birthday is Wednesday and her theme in her room is ladybugs--so, I was thinking about doing a ladybug cake. And...I never could have imagined a ladybug cake could turn out that cute. How in the world did you do it!? I love it! I'm not sure what I'll do, but I'm pretty positive it won't turn out even half that cute. You're so talented! And, Happy Birthday Alyse! She's such a cutie!

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

Hey I loved the cake!! How come all my sisters are so inventive and creative and I am so not!! It really stinks. But hey I am glad that it turned out so well. WE love you guys!!!!

Brooke said...

Thank you so much for the info on the cake. I'm thinking I may try to copy you (I hope that's okay!) I'm a little nervous how mine will turn out, but I'll give it a try. Last year I attempted to make a ladybug cake for her...and after the second total failure (the cakes just turned out disgusting--I don't know why!), I just ended up with a 3rd plain chocolate cake. I figured I'd try again this year. So, wish me luck! :)

Bytheway--your haircut is so cute! I can't remember if I mentioned that before. But, I love it!

Brooke said...

Thanks for the other pointers! So...I just bought the red gel stuff (before I read your comment). Who knew it could taste bad? ...not me! I saw a "no taste" red, but I thought it must be a typo for "no paste" red...I'm a dork. So...basically, maybe I'll do pink and black or some other color... Thanks again! Otherwise, my ladybugs would have tasted like gross red gel die stuff--and who wants that? :) Bytheway, did you just cook the medium one in the cereal bowl in the microwave or something? I've been trying to figure that out. I think it could work. If not, just use lots of frosting and cover it up, right? :)

Brooke said...

Alright! Now I know all your tricks! :) Thanks.

Ammons Family said...

What a fun party. And the cake is to die for, it is so adorable. How did you do it?

Sarah Pace said...

Happy b-day cute girl! 2 already !! they grow up so fast hailey turns 1 in 2 weeks!

Sarah Pace said...

P.S. good job on the cake!

The Ballard Family said...

Haha, I was totally psyched to give you a rave review about your cake skills and it looks like about twenty people beat me to it! :) But, oh well, I will still give you the credit you deserve! Fantastic job, my dear. Your family is aDORable. I hope one of these days our paths cross again...but for now, blogs are a life saver! :) Good luck with the terrific twos!!!

Heather said...

Oh my GOSH! that cake! what on earth!? SERIOUSLY it is soo dang stinkin cute! oh my gosh! you are soo dang cute! was that the HARDEST thing in the whole world!? it looks like it!

looks like soo much fun! i am So glad that she had fun! Love your family pic up top! i am sorry i didn't find out about your blog till just barely, looking at victoria's!

Love you alethia!!! you are the best!
happy late bday to alyse!

mad white woman said...

Hi Alethia. I went to Roy's reception tonight and he said his wife has a blog and that I could find it on your's... so I came to find it and saw your post and I have to say that is the CUTEST cake ever!! I LOVE it. You are amazing!

Becca said...

very cute cake! if i had a girl i would totally copy. my 4 year old already knows that ladybugs are for girls!!!

Amy said...

I love birthday parties! What a cute theme and cake! I love your new family picture too! Keep in touch!

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

Alethia its Rachell Palmer Massey HEY! I can't believe all of these people that I am finding in the blogging world. Your family is adorable and koodoes on the cake. I will defiantly have to give you a call if I ever need some amazing cake advise. How are you? I have just started a blog it is jandrmassey.blogspot.com hope to stay in touch!

HOWARD'S said...

Hey! I'll have to tell you the story of finding your blog tomorrow when you come over. I just wanted to say "I LOVE your bug cakes!"

Harvey Family said...

It was so fun talking to you today at Marilyn's. She told me you had a blog, so I had to check it out. What a cute cake! You are SO talented! And what a cute family! I love the pictures! Our blog is private, but I'll send ya an invite. Jeffrey had a lot of fun with Darrin...he loved his "new" friends :)

grace said...

Very adorable cake! Like everyone else has commented :) You are very talented Alethia and have got a great sense of style!

Victoria and Mark said...

Wow, I cannot believe you made that cake. I am so incredibly impressed. Also your picture at the top is absolutely precious. My kids just will not sit still for family shots. Sigh. Let alone smile or face the camera. Feel free to update the blog again soon!

The Ballard Family said...

Hey, looks like you're a busy woman. Been a while since you've been on here. But wanted to let you know that when you're back in the bloggin business, I changed my blog setting to private. But I didn't have your email address to allow you to view it. If you ever want to follow up on our adventures, shoot me an email...
jcandmandy@gmail.com
Love ya!

The Ballard Family said...

Hey, looks like you're a busy woman. Been a while since you've been on here. But wanted to let you know that when you're back in the bloggin business, I changed my blog setting to private. But I didn't have your email address to allow you to view it. If you ever want to follow up on our adventures, shoot me an email...
jcandmandy@gmail.com
Love ya!