»

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Gentry's Arrival

Welcome to the family Gentry!

Love my boy. Happy Mommy!

Check out my muscles!


The morning of Sunday, August 29th I was having some contractions, which is not unusual for me 9 months pregnant. I wasn't technically due until the 10th or so. Joe was suppose to go to PEC but didn't feel comfortable leaving me feeling so yucky to get all 3 kids ready and get to church. So he was sweet and stayed even though I protested. We went to church and all through sacrement meeting they continued and then through Sunday School. By 3rd hour I was pretty tired but sure that I wasn't in labor because this was suppose to be a September baby and it was still only August, plus I was far to busy that day and for the rest of the week to be having a baby a couple weeks early. Finally, we went home and decided to lay down and try and relax to get the contrations to stop. Well of course they kept coming and finally I started to time them. Sure enough they were between 5-7 minutes apart so we decided to take the kids to Aunt Ella's and head to the hospital. We called our friend Shannon, we were suppose to be going to eat dinner at her house, apologized and headed out the door. I cried on the way to the hospital because I was sure this baby wasn't coming because his mom was not ready. We got there around 4:00pm and sure enough I was in labor, big surprise! :) My labors are usually super fast so we assumed it was going to be a fast and furious night as usual but this little boy just decided to take his time. By 10:00pm we were almost ready but still not quite complete. We assumed it would be any minute. Well another hour passed and we still hadn't progressed so we decided to do a little PIT to see if we could help this little boy out. Only 15 minutes after starting the some PIT we were ready to go. So we were waiting for the doctor watching the clock. The doctor got there around 11:50pm and we had our sweet little boy not on the 29th like we had assumed but at the stroke of midnight on August 30th. Silly boy! So Gentry Joseph Broderick was born August 30th at midnight, 7lbs 14 oz. Our second son to be born with clubfeet (we knew ahead of time this time). Our 4th perfect little baby is here and we are so grateful for him. A couple days later we brought him home and then our next journey began.

3 comments:

Heather said...

OOOH my gosh! alethia!! I can't believe you ended up having him that day! ha. hilarious! that is just crazy!!!! i am soo glad he came! i am SOO happy for you guys! love him! he is soo precious! you look WAY Too beautiful in these pics above my sister! you are AWESOME! congrats!

Mechelle said...

Well for goodness sake! What a soldier you are, I probably would have just stayed home from church. Congratulations!! Sorry it's a bit late. :)

Amy said...

Congratulations Alethia and Joe! He's adorable...and Steve Reel's got nothing on little Gentry's muscles!

You are amazing, I hope he heals well from that scary time!